Pharmacogenomic (pharmacogenetic) testing
Test Code: 873771
Turnaround time: 2 to 6 weeks
What is pharmacogenomic (pharmacogenetic) testing ?
CEN4GEN uses a molecular genomic-based platform for the comprehensive analysis of more than 500 medications commonly prescribed by a wide spectrum of medical specialties. Pharmacogenomic screens can assist in suggesting appropriate medications, as well as their dosage and toxicity in the treatment of certain medical conditions. This inevitably results in more efficient, improved accuracy and cost effective patient care.
This test is indicated for:
- Pharmacogenomic screening
Next Generation Sequencing: In-solution hybridization of regions encompassing targeted variants from pharmacogenomic genes which have clinical significance, are medically actionable and/or are associated with drug pharmacology. Direct sequencing of the captured regions is performed using next generation sequencing (NGS). The patient’s gene sequences are then compared to a standard reference sequence. All sequence variants are evaluated using current scientific data to identify pharmacogenomic findings.
Clinical Sensitivity: unknown. This test is not designed to detect all pharmacogenomic variants. The absence of a pharmacogenomic variant does not necessarily indicate low or intermediate or high drug sensitivity, or that the individual has an undetected variant. Absence of a finding may be due to drug-drug interactions.
Analytical Sensitivity: ~99%
Submit only 1 of the following specimen types
* Preferred specimen type: Whole Blood
Type: Whole Blood
In EDTA (purple top) or ACD (yellow top) tube: Infants (2 years): 3-5 ml
Older Children & Adults: 5-10 ml
Specimen Collection and Shipping: Refrigerate until time of shipment. Ship sample within 5 days of collection at room temperature with overnight delivery.
OrageneTM Saliva Collection kit (available through CEN4GEN) used according to manufacturer instructions.
Specimen Collection and Shipping: Store sample at room temperature. Ship sample within 5 days of collection at room temperature with overnight delivery.
• Medical Whole Genome: Clinical Whole Genome Sequencing, Family Trios (Test code: 1007785)
• Medical Whole Genome: Clinical Whole Genome Sequencing, Proband Only (Test code: 1004791)
• Medical Whole Genome: Clinical Whole Genome Sequencing, Additional Family Member (Test code: 1001738)
• Medical Whole Genome: Clinical Whole Genome, interpretation only (Test code: 1006668)
• Medical Whole Genome: Clinical Whole Genome re-analysis (Test code: 1006667)