Achalasia: Sequencing Panel
Test Code: 10004
Turnaround time: 6 weeks
Achalasia is a disorder of the esophagus. CEN4GEN tests for genes known to cause the following achalasia-associated syndromes:
- Triple A syndrome (Achalasia-Addisonianism-Alacrima) or Allgrove syndrome
- Moyamoya diesase-6 with achalasia
- Alacrima, achalasia, and mental retardation syndrome
- Baraister-Winter Cerebrofrontofacial syndrome
- Autoimmune Polyendocrine syndrome type with or without Reversible Metaphyseal dysplasia
- Ataxia, posterior column, with retinitis pigmentosa (PCARP)
AAAS, ACTB, AIRE, FLVCR1, GMPPA, GUCY1A3
This test is indicated for:
- Individuals with a clinical diagnosis of achalasia.
Next Generation Sequencing: In-solution hybridization of all coding exons is performed on the patient’s genomic DNA. Although some deep intronic regions may also be analyzed, this assay is not meant to interrogate most promoter regions, deep intronic regions, or other regulatory elements, and does not detect single or multi-exon deletions or duplications. Direct sequencing of the captured regions is performed using next generation sequencing.
Next Generation Sequencing: Clinical Sensitivity: Unknown. Mutations in the promoter region, some mutations in the introns and other regulatory element mutations cannot be detected by this analysis. Large deletions/duplications will not be detected by this analysis. Results of molecular analysis should be interpreted in the context of the patient’s clinical/biochemical phenotype.
Analytical Sensitivity: ~99%
Submit only 1 of the following specimen types
* Preferred specimen type: Whole Blood
Type: Whole Blood
In EDTA (purple top) or ACD (yellow top) tube: 3-5 ml
Specimen Collection and Shipping: Refrigerate until time of shipment. Ship sample within 5 days of collection at room temperature with overnight delivery.
OrageneTM Saliva Collection kit (available through CEN4GEN) used according to manufacturer instructions.
Specimen Collection and Shipping: Store sample at room temperature. Ship sample within 5 days of collection at room temperature with overnight delivery.